The speculation is over. With "Bucks County Council" not making much sense as a name for those units not in (or anywhere near) Bucks County, many have been wondering if a new name was forthcoming.
It was, and it's great. Here's the word straight from Council:
Click here for a PDF of the rules for the contest.
"Well, it is now official. Recognizing that the name "Bucks County Council" no longer represents the geography of the territories we serve, the Council Executive Board voted to change the name of the council. Pending some burecautic and paperwork legalities, we will be known in early 2015 as the Washington Crossing Council.
To that end, there will be a contest to have our scouts (Sorry- no adults) come up with a new Council Shoulder Strip. Please share the attached PDF with the scouts in your unit. The deadline for submissions is October 31st."
- '15 Ways to Fix Everything With Duct Tape'
- Welcome to Washington Crossing Council
- Boys Life video shows how to use a map and compass
- 'Be the Church Day' painting project at Union Township Municipal Building
- Register for Summer Camp Merit Badges online
- New Jersey Scouts help rescue NBC journalist Ann Curry
- Trip Report: Buhler Challenger and Science Center
- Announcement from Central New Jersey Council
- Mike Rowe talks Scouting
- New details on the rollout of using One Oath and Law in all programs
- Follow the Summer Camp action with Troop 200 on our special Summer Camp Update page
- Troop 200 spirit heats up a frigid Klondike Derby
- BSA Chief visits Newtown, presents Spirit of the Eagle Award to Tiger Cubs' parents
- Trip Report: Soaring Eagles Patrol Camping Trip to High Point State Park
- Troop Scouts visit historic Trenton, talk Scouting to locals